Life is busy. I mean, really busy! As a homeschooling, homesteading mom, there is hardly a moment to to think through feeding my family, let alone actually spend a good chunk of my day in the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong! I actually really enjoy cooking. I LOVE baking! I find a lot of joy working in the kitchen. But after a full day of teaching, taking care of animals, tending to the garden . . . and LAUNDRY . . . dinner a lot of nights needs to fill lots of stomachs without a huge time commitment.
So, I’ve created a small arsenal of meals that I can get on the table in a flash. I have a handful of dinners that require little of me, but get the job done in a healthy way. Meatloaf made the cut! In about 10 minutes I can have things in the oven and walk away to retrieve yet another load from the dryer or help one of the kids finish writing their paper for the week.
I throw some rice in the instant pot, chop up some lettuce and microgreens and in a moments time, dinner is served! I will work on sharing my other quick meals with you in the future. If you have quick and healthy meals you repeatedly turn back to, I would LOVE for you to share them with me! I hope you enjoy this one!
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 10 Saltine Crackers
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- Coconut or Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except for ketchup and sugar.
- With your hands, work the ingredients together until combined well.
- In a large, glass baking dish, form a loaf. Drizzle ketchup to cover the loaf, then sprinkle with a couple of pinches of the sugar of your choice.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and cook for 50 minutes, or until the center is cooked through.